The family of Police Officer Matthew Baxter, who was killed in the line of duty on August 18, 2017 while responding to a call on patrol, received some wonderful news on Tuesday July 23rd. The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation announced that they would pay off the existing mortgage on the home of the Baxter family.
Last posted at Positively Osceola
Officer Baxter left behind his wife, fellow Police Officer, Sadia, and their three daughters, who will now be living in their home mortgage free.
The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation was established in memory of a New York firefighter who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the foundation supports the families of first responders like Officer Matthew Baxter. Tunnel to Towers CEO and Chairman Frank Siller announced a recent $2 Million donation would be used to make sure the families of six American heroes would know their home is theirs forever.
The foundation also paid off the mortgages of these of these other first responders who were killed in the line of duty:
- Kirkersville, OH, Police Chief Police Steven DiSario, killed in the line of duty on May 12, 2017, while responding to reports of an armed subject. He left behind his wife, Aryn, who was expecting their seventh child at the time of his death, and their six children
- Auburn, AL, Police Officer William Buechner, killed in the line of duty on May 19, 2019, after responding to a domestic disturbance call. He left behind his wife, Sara, and their two children
- Arizona Deputy U.S. Marshal Chase White, killed in the line of duty on November 29, 2018, while serving a fugitive warrant. He left behind his wife, Sue Ellen and their four children
- U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer 2 Jonathan Farmer, who was among four Americans killed in a suicide bombing on January 16, 2019, in Manbij, Syria. He left behind his wife, Tabitha, and their four children
- Appleton, WI,. Firefighter Mitchell Lundgaard, who was killed in a shooting on May 15 at the transit center in downtown Appleton. Lundgaard left behind a wife and three sons.
Original article can be found here…